You don’t need much to get started:
- A paint roller.
- A paint tray.
- A paint tray liner.
- A damp rag.
- A gallon of Glidden paint.
Step 1 — Take a deep breath
You’re doing it. You’re finally starting that paint project. We, everyone at Glidden, are super proud of you. Like really proud. Good job. Seriously. Now, let’s get started.
Step 2 — Prepping the Paint Roller
- Prep roller with a damp rag
- Squeeze roller 3-4 times with rag
- Make sure the entire surface area of the rag is moist and ready to apply paint
Step 3 — Prepping the Paint Tray
- Insert a plastic paint tray liner into the paint tray
- Make sure the liner is completely secure in the tray
- Position the tray in an area that’s easy to reach and close to the surface you are paint
Step 4 — Prepping Your Paint
- Pour paint into the deep pocket of the tray
- Fill the pocket of the tray roughly a quarter of the way up with paint
- Don’t overfill the tray
Step 5 — Dipping The Paint Roller
- Position the roller at the beginning of the grooved part of the paint tray
- Starting at the grooved part of the paint tray, roll the paint roller back and forth a few times
- Make sure the roller is evenly covered with a layer of paint
With this knowledge, you can stop procrastipainting and finally get started on that paint project. Learn more tips and tricks with our helpful How-To videos.
Note - Please refer to the product label, Technical Data Sheet (TDS) or Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for safety and detailed application instructions.